Australian Land Co Pty Ltd
Burrum Heads, Qld 4659
Australian Land Co engaged ESQ to project manage this large master planned development in Burrum Heads which has several major environmental constraints.
The project commenced in the mid 2000’s and has seen approximately 500 allotments developed to date.
With some 400 lots remaining, this project is a leader in the Burrum Heads market.
Construction of two large lake systems, the retention of environmental corridors which are integrated into the development footprint ensure a superior amenity for residents in this development.
- Value Added Development Approvals
- TUFLOW Stormwater Management
- SIDRA Traffic Modelling
- Bulk Earthworks Modelling
- Civil Engineering
- Project Management
- Contract Administration
CHALLENGES & SOLUTIONS
- Challenge – Value Add existing approvals to improve viability of project for the client
- Solution – ESQ Increased the lot yield, reduce costs by negotiating deletion of some development conditions.
- Challenge – The site has pockets of protected vegetation that are unable to be cleared.
- Solution – ESQ prepared a development layout cognisant of the areas of significant vegetation which allowed the development of precincts surrounded by vegetation. This provided secluded and aesthetically pleasing communities within the development and the ability to provide pedestrian links through the site via a pathway network that was not along road corridors.
- Challenge – Significant up stream stormwater catchment
- Solution – ESQ modelled an outcome that preserved the existing wetland function whilst ensuring a viable yield for the client.
“Staff from ESQ have partnered with us on this project from its inception. This long term relationship provides peace of mind in knowing ESQ always wants the best outcomes for our project.”