Australian Land Co.
Burrum Heads, Qld 4659
ESQ was originally engaged by Australian Land Co to find an innovative solution for this site which has significant environmental and planning constraints.
The site was previously subject to refusal of a development application; however, ESQ provided an outcome in a subsequent development application that gained approval from both state and local governments.
This 63 Lot development of lots generally of 2000m2 provided a viable development for ALC, retained and enhanced existing water bodies, provided an offset for removal of marine plants and a unique mix of product in the local marketplace.
- Yield Analysis and Feasibility
- Development Applications (MCU, RAL and Op Works)
- Stormwater Management (Quality and Quantity)
- Environmental Approvals (Marine Plant Offset and Rehab)
- Civil Engineering
- Project Management
- Contract Administration
CHALLENGES & SOLUTIONS
- Challenge – Maintaining the existing water bodies on site.
- Solution – ESQ provided a suitable development layout to provide a viable outcome for our client and enhanced the yield by retention of the existing water bodies whilst negotiating approvals from Council to take ownership of the water bodies following rehabilitation and enhancement.
- Challenge – Approvals for removal of Marine Plants.
- Solution – ESQ negotiated an approval to provide an on-site offset area.
- Challenge – Site has significant Acid Sulphate Soils issues.
- Solution – ESQ provided a design that negated the need for deep excavations to minimise the impacts of ASS.
- Challenge – Upstream drainage network levels.
- Solution – ESQ designed a stormwater network to cater for upstream flows to traverse the site without impacting on the yield of the project.
- Challenge – Filling to required level without causing upstream drainage issues.
- Solution – ESQ provide a design solution to allow adjoining properties to free drain through this site.
“ESQ provided a great outcome for a site which we thought would never be developed”