Fraser Coast Regional Council
Kawungan, Qld 4655
ESQ were engaged through a Local Buy contract to provide engineering services which included the designing of a new four lane road extension from Kawungan Way to Denman Camp Road.
The project is required to accommodate for future growth in the area. The extension will become a major link to the Hervey Bay Airport and Marina, relieving congestion on Boat Harbour Drive and reducing travel times.
Through consultation with Council a revised concept design was approved that provided cost savings for this 2.0km brown field arterial road connection
- Concept Design and Feasibility
- Project Management
- Civil Engineering
- TUFLOW Stormwater Modelling
- SIDRA Traffic Modelling
- Pavement Design
- Water & Sewer Design
CHALLENGES & SOLUTIONS
- Challenge – Road Corridor surrounded by existing residential development and new design must ensure no ponding of stormwater between new road and existing dwellings
- Solution – ESQ provided a design that acknowledged all existing allotment levels with road positioned with in the corridor to ensure no nuisance ponding.
- Challenge – Existing stormwater network very flat with little grade and poor immunity.
- Solution – After examining several options, ESQ provided an outcome that was cost effective, low maintenance and improved immunity within the catchment.
- Challenge – significant existing services in the corridor
- Solution – ESQ identified all existing services, arranged potholing to be carried out as part of the design process and negotiated with service authorities for a collective positive outcome for all parties